1. Excellence in education and the creation of a scholarly environment in which inquiring and discriminating minds may be nourished;
2. Education of students for effective participation in local, state, regional, national, and international societies;
3. Search for new knowledge through research and its applications;
4. Provision of a comprehensive outreach program designed to meet the changing needs of the larger community;
5. Programs necessary to address adequately the major needs and problems of capable students who have experienced limited access to education; and
6. Integration of stateâ€“of-the-art technology into all aspects of University functions. In cooperation with businesses, industry, governmental agencies, and other private and community-based institutions, Alabama A&M University provides a laboratory where theory is put into practice in a productive environment.
As for tips, you may want to stay off campus, the dorms are not the best of facilities and are very old. Also dont eat in the cafeteria, the food is sub par. However everything else about the school is great & state of the art. I would definitely recommend A&M for anyone looking for a great institution & a great experience in school. I would definitely do this again if I could. Pro's are the school is great, the people are friendly and courteous for the most part. Cons are the dorms and the food. One thing that many people haven't really heard about is the fact that the school is undergoing a huge remodeling and its getting even better & better. Definitely check out A&M!
This is one of the best Historical Black colleges in Alabama to choose from. I would recommend the college to others just for the experience if you are African-American. Staff at the school is awesome and really willing to assit you when needed. My one suggestion to others would be to study more and not focus on going to so many parties.