Williams Baptist College is a private, coeducational four year college
located in the northeast corner of Arkansas near the town of Walnut Ridge. Founded in 1941, this institution began its life as a two year school, only granting bachelor's degrees since the 1980s. The name of the school was
changed in 1991 from Southern to "Williams Baptist College" in honor of its founder, Dr. H. E. Williams.