The University of Tulsa was originally founded in Muskogee,
Oklahoma, as the Presbyterian School for Indian Girls in 1882, but was re-chartered as the Henry Kendall College in 1894. In
1907, the college moved to its current site in Tulsa, Oklahoma. A
university was formed in 1920 when the college merged with McFarlin College to become the University of Tulsa.