The current residence facilities at Montclair State University are as follows:
- Blanton Hall
- This five story coed complex houses 640 residents in double rooms connected by a bathroom. Only 4 residents share each
- Bohn Hall
- The tallest building at MSU, housing approximately 600 co-ed residents in double rooms. Each wing has its own community
- Clove Road Apts.
- These coed apartment units house 350 upperclassmen and the international community of MSU. Each apartment has 2 bedrooms,
housing 4 residents. Each apartment has a kitchen and bathroom. This facility is slated to be demolished and replaced with a new
- Freeman Hall
- Housing approximately 235 coed residents, the Freeman community is home to the honors program. Residents live in a "suite"
style double room, in which two rooms share a bathroom.
- Russ Hall
- Russ Hall is a coed upperclassmen community, housing 91 residents in a "suite" style community. Russ Hall was converted from
an administrative building into a residential facility in the late 1990s.
- Stone Hall
- Stone Hall is the oldest continuous residence facility in operation. It houses 109 residents in a traditional residence hall
- The Village at Little Falls
- 'Made up of four separate buildings: Williams Hall, Basie Hall, Fenwick Hall, and Alice Paul hall.
- The newest residential apartment facility is an 840 bed apartment complex consisting of four residential buildings and a
recreation/office building, many amenities such as cable, laundry facilities, fitness center and more than 500 parking
- Webster Hall
- MSU's only all female residence hall community houses approximately 100 residents. This three floor facility has double rooms
in "suite" style arrangements. Two double rooms are connected by a bathroom.