See: History of Cal Poly Pomona
Cal Poly Pomona was established in 1938 as the Voorhis Unit
of the California State Polytechnic College. It was originally located on the former Voorhis School for Boys in San Dimas, California.In the fall of 1956, the campus was moved to the former ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg who donated it to Cal Poly in 1949. The former Voorhis campus became relgated to a
education outreach center, before being leased for 7 years and finally sold to the Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College in
1978.The university became fully independent from Cal Poly SLO in 1966 and gained university status in 1972.