The following statistics from a university press release
reflect some of the changes
at Tulane between 1998 and 2004:
- Undergraduate applications received annually have more than doubled since 1998, growing from 7,780 to 17,548.
- The average SAT scores for incoming students has risen from 1278 to 1347.
- Application acceptances have lowered from 79% of applicants to 44%.
- Funding for research and development has nearly doubled, from $68 million to $130 million.
- The National Institutes of Health
funding ranking has risen from 96 to 78.