Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion (also known as HUC or HUC-JIR) is the main seminary for
training rabbis, cantors and educators in
Reform Judaism. It was originally founded in 1875 by Rabbi Isaac Mayer Wise in Cincinnati, Ohio. A second campus in New York City was created through a merger with the Jewish Institute of Religion in 1950 and additional
campuses were added in Los Angeles, California in
1954 and Jerusalem in 1963.